Thank you for your interest in WAMM!
Legally we can only accept members who are residents of the state of California with a current valid medical marijuana recommendation. Please note that our Compassion Program for free cannabis is operating at above capacity and is closed.
Please note that we will not be doing new intakes until May. We will begin to take in new patients at that time. Please send in an application if you would like to be on our waiting list.
The Application Process:
- Download the application below. You must return the first three pages.
- Caregiver Form: This page is optional. Return it to us if you want to to have somebody who can call in orders, share information, or pick up cannabis products for you. This form is not required if you don’t want to designate a caregiver.
- Medical Marijuana Recommendation Form: You must have a valid doctor’s recommendation to join WAMM. This page is optional, just in case you have a doctor who doesn’t have their own form to use. We will accept your existing recommendation. Are you looking for a doctor? You can find one at www.weedmaps.com. Scroll down to the bottom menu for a link to their doctor search function.
- Medical Summary: If you are seriously ill, a short summary, usually provided by your doctor when you are discharged, is very helpful to us to determine what kind of cannabis might be the most useful to you.
- Photo ID: please include a photo ID.
- Send it in via fax, email, or snail mail. We include an intake appointment at no charge for new members either in person or via telephone after your paperwork has been processed.
- The intake is a great opportunity to have all your questions answered, and we use that time to help you find the form of cannabis that will work best for you. If you are a caregiver with a patient who is a minor or who is unable to talk, we will gladly speak to you as a proxy for them. Please be aware that due to a high volume of interest in WAMM, it may take 2-3 weeks to take care of your intake, and we do our best to give priority to critically ill patients when scheduling.
Please note that we do not accept walk-in patients. You need an appointment to join WAMM.
We at WAMM take a special approach to medical marijuana. Beyond having heirloom strains that are organically grown and unique to WAMM, our collective revolves around community. We have weekly meetings that members can attend, and many volunteer opportunities for members looking to make a difference.
WAMM has been serving the Santa Cruz community for two decades. We take pride in working with people and put the patient before profit. Since we grow and make all of our own medicine, we have a greater bond to the medicine that helps and heals.
Make the choice to be a WAMM member because even though you’ll get the highest quality medicine for the lowest donation, you’ll be a part of something bigger. You can help yourself and make the world a better place.